What has been –
The Denning / McAlister gang was out again. Their last time out, they tore through the work I had planned and appeared to be a bit disappointed that I didn’t have more to do. So this time, I made sure the garden didn’t disappoint.
Of course they watered, fertilized and weeded (the big three!). They also built more jute trellising. I seem to have developed a knack for identifying the “type A” person in each group who will string up a trellis that is true enough to be used as a proof for mathematical theorems. This time, it was Heidi, and I think the snap-pea vines will appreciate her attention to detail as they adorn the twine. Or at least I will, you can never tell if snap-peas appreciate anything.
The DA’s also began work on CCG II, More Garden. That’s right, the garden is expanding.
Because I am delusional, I thought they would be able to remove all vegetation, till, add compost and re-till about 200 square feet in an hour and a half. They didn’t, but not due to lack of effort. What they did accomplish was removing most of the bermuda / weeds, covering with cardboard and adding compost on top of about 150 square feet.
What we’ll do is let that sit for the next 3-4 months. Hopefully, we will continue to do the same and cover the rest of the area west of the garden until we have an area prepared that will double the size of the garden. Then, when we get a build day planned, all we will have to do is cut in the beds / paths and plant. Wahoo!
What is yet to be –
No garden work day this week. Parish Retreat!